An Associate Member can qualify in one of three categories: Supplier/Publisher*, Remarketer**, and State Independent Auto Dealer Association. Associate members have the same privileges as regular members except that they may not vote or hold office in the Association. Associate membership is initially granted on a probationary status for two years subject to annual review for compliance with the Association's by-laws, rules or procedures.
*Supplier/Publisher is defined as person(s) or entity offering goods or services to member auctions.
**Remarketer is defined as any person or entity engaged in remarketing motor vehicles through auction members.
The Membership Application Process
- An applicant completes and submits the Pre-qualification form by the posted deadline (approximately 10 weeks prior to the next membership meeting).
- The pre-qualification form is reviewed at the NAAA corporate office. If the minimum qualifications for membership stated in the NAAA by-laws are met, an application packet is sent to the applicant. Otherwise the applicant is notified the auction does not qualify for membership in NAAA.
- The applicant completes and submits all application documents and fees by the posted deadline (approximately 8 weeks prior to the next membership meeting)
- The application is reviewed for completeness at the NAAA corporate office.
- An initial review is conducted by the membership committee chairman.
- The applicant is notified if any additional information is needed.
- The applicant’s references are checked.
- The applicant is added to the agenda of the upcoming membership meeting.
- The applicant is notified the application processing is complete and they are listed on the membership meeting agenda.
- The application fee is deposited.
- All current members of NAAA are notified of the applications being considered at the next membership meeting (30 days prior to the meeting).
- The membership committee meeting is held where applications are reviewed, discussed and voted on. The voted is to recommend to the NAAA Board of Directors that the application should be approved, tabled or denied.
- The NAAA Board of Directors meets and after reviewing the recommendations of the membership committee, approves, tables or denies each application.
- The applicant is notified whether their application was approved, tabled or denied.
- If the application is approved, the applicant will receive their membership packet and be added to the NAAA website as a member.
- If the application is tabled, the applicant will be notified as to the next steps.
- If the application is denied, the applicant will be notified as to why the application was not approved.
|Current Deadlines for Applications
|2019 NAAA/CAR Conference
Pre-qualification forms due: January 25, 2019
Application forms due: February 8, 2019
Late applications will be held over until the
NAAA/NRC Conference in November 2019.
Applications are accepted throughout the year and presented to the NAAA Membership Committee and the NAAA Board of Directors for approval either at the NAAA/CAR Conference (March) or the NAAA/NRC Conference (November). Applicants for membership must pre-qualify before an application can be issued. The pre-qualification form is a request for application only.
Associate Membership: Prequalification Form
STATE Independent Automobile Dealers Associations
Pre-qualification forms are not required, simply complete and submit the State Association application form.
Associate Membership — State independent Automobile Dealer Association Application Form
2017 National Auto Auction Association. All rights reserved.